To augment the consolidated funds of the state to supplement the resources of local bodies (Panchayat & Municipalities) and recommend Grant-in-Aid under Article 275 of Constitutions of India.
- Assured transfers to the local bodies for planning and delivering of basic services smoothly and effectively within the functions assigned to them under relevant legislation.
- Ensure strengthening of primary function local bodies to deliver basic services.
- Allocated fund is to be directly released to lowest level of the three tier of PRI i.e Gaon Panchayat.
Rural & Urban Population under Local Self Government
FFC grant is duly transferred in two parts:
- Basic Grant (90%)
- Performance Grant (10%)
The grants is released in two instalments in June and October every fiscal year.
During the 2015-20,
Assam has an allocation for rural bodies:
Basic Grant: 4874.92Cr
Performance Grant: 541.66 Cr
Basic Grant: 584.84 Cr
Performance Grant: Nil
Assam has received the first installment of the basic grant amounting Rs.292.4 Cr.
- 1st installment of Basic grants of Rs 292.4 Cr has been released among the 2200 nos of GPs of the state as per population of the GP.
- To enable Gaon Panchayat to deliver their mandate in respect of delivery of basic services responsibly and efficiently instruction have been issued to prepare a Gaon Panchayat Development Plan in a participatory manner with focus on delivery of basic services viz. by the Gaon Panchayat.
- Also a Gaon Panchayat Development Plan preparation guideline is also being prepared and notified by the government.
- Similarly a Planning Manual is also being prepared to executive the planning processes by the Gaon Panchayat.
- Several Committees at different levels have been constituted to ensure that GPs adopt the participatory planning process for fair, transparent and effective utilization of fund.
Following are the support arrangements made for rolling out the entire process of Gram Panchayat Development Plan preparation process:
- State level Steering Committee.
- State level Implementation and Review Committee.
- District level Implementation and Review Committee.
- Anchalik Panchayat level Implementation Review Committee.
- Gram Panchayat level Environment Generation Committee.
- Gram Panchayat level Resource Team with 6 members.
- Working Groups with at least 8 members in agriculture and allied, poverty reduction, health, education, nutrition, women and children and infrastructure and basic amenities.
- Administrative support at state, district and Gram Panchayat.
Achievements and Accolades
Assam is the first state to prepare the Gaon Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) guideline in the country and guideline is considered as the model guideline for other state.