About the scheme
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin is a flagship scheme of Government of India. It was earlier called Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY), a flagship scheme, has since inception been providing assistance to BPL families who are either houseless or having inadequate housing facilities for constructing a safe and durable shelter. This effort has been part of a larger strategy of the Ministry’s poverty eradication effort, supporting the development of an environmentally sound habitat with adequate provisions for incremental expansion and improvement.
- Indira Awaas Yojana has been restructured to Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin
- Commitment of Government: Housing for all by 2022
- Unit assistance of house - Rs 1.30 Lakh
- Mandatory: Toilet for Rs.12,000/- from SBM or MGNREGA and 95 days of unskilled wage for Rs 17290 under MGNREGA
- Minimum unit size 25 sq.mt including area for hygienic cooking excluding toilet
Who is eligible to get a house and what is the selection procedure?
- SECC data will be used for selection of beneficiaries.
- Universe of eligible beneficiaries includes all the households living in kutcha houses, subject to exclusion process.
- Households having motorized two, three, four wheelers or motorized fishing boat, mechanized three or four wheeler agricultural equipments, Govt. employee, income tax payee, any member earning Rs 10,000 per month, having refrigerator, landline phone etc are excluded.
- After this inclusion and exclusion criteria, the list of households have been prioritized within each category based on houselessness, followed by the number of the rooms.
- Govt. of India has generated GP wise ranked priority list of eligible households under SC/ST and other categories and uploaded this list in awasoft MIS. This list has now been circulated in the GPs for verification.
- GPs are verifying the facts based on which the household has been identified as eligible. If the inclusion has been done based on wrong facts or if the households has constructed pucca houses, the Gram Sabha shall delete the names of such families. The list of deleted households will form part of the Gram Sabha resolution.
- The GP may also prepare a list of household
Construction of Houses
- The construction of houses will be completed in 18 (eighteen) months from the release of first installment.
- Fund will be released to beneficiaries in three installments.
- The houses will be constructed by the beneficiaries. No contractor is allowed to be engaged.
Whom to contact?
|Gaon Panchayat||Development Block||District||State|
|Gaon Panchayat Secretary||Block Development Officer||Project Director, DRDA||Joint Director & State Nodal Officer (PMAY-G),Office of Commissioner, Panchayat & Rural Develoment Department, Assam|
AWAASSoft is the online PMIS (Program Management of Information System) used for Indira Awaas Yojana. All sanction of houses to beneficiaries, transfer of instalments and inspections happens through AWAASSoft. Multiple reports for citizen and beneficiaries can been seen in AWAASSoft.
Click here to go to AWAASSoft
Click here to download AwaasApp from Google Play Store
Updated monthly. Last updated on 1st September 2016
|1st Instalment Released||115664|
|1st Inspection Completed||66374|
|2nd Instalment Released||55085|
|2nd Inspection Completed||6123|
|3rd Instalment Released||4786|
Download PMAY-G Draft Guideline Download IAY Guideline